Stanley Ranch Museum
The Stanley Ranch Museum & Historical Village consists of a 2-acre plot packed with 17 historic buildings, some replicas and others original. Each building is uniquely themed with accompanying artifacts. Donated to the Garden Grove Historical Society in 1970 by Agnes Stanley, many of these structures and relics date back to the 19th century.
The Ware-Stanley House, completed in 1892, is the focus home at the museum. Also included at the site are homes dating from the late 1800’s to the early 1900’s. Garden Grove’s first post office, opened in 1877; the Electric Shoe Shop/Barber Shop; and Garden Grove’s #1 fire engine, a 1926 American La France, are part of the exhibits. One of the most popular attractions is the Walt Disney Studio Garage which was relocated to the former ranch site in the 1980’s.