Tequila Shrimp and Citrus
Add tangy flavor to grilled shrimp by marinating it in margarita ingredients: tequila, lime juice and orange juice, plus a little bit of cilantro and garlic. You’ll have plenty of the margarita ingredients left, so make a cocktail to enjoy while the shrimp marinates.
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 orange, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 lime, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact, and de-vein, if desired.
Stir together tequila and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add shrimp; cover and chill 30 minutes.
Alternately thread shrimp, bell pepper, and orange and lime wedges on 8 (10- to 12-inch) skewers.
Grill, covered with lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done.