Buttermilk Chicken and Waffles
Take the diner classic and shrink it down to a single, perfect bite. The salty-sweet balance will leave you craving more, and the flavor combination will have you dancing in your shoes.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 12 to 16 fried chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- Peach-Horseradish Maple Syrup
- Garnish: thinly sliced green onions
1. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk and next 2 ingredients in a small bowl; stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
2. Cook batter in a preheated, oiled mini-style waffle iron 3 1/2 to 4 minutes or until golden (about 1/2 Tbsp. batter per waffle). Top waffles with chicken, and drizzle with Peach-Horseradish Maple Syrup.