Captain Dave’s Dolphin & Whale Safari
Captain Dave’s Dolphin and Whale Safari offers you the opportunity to get close to and view the exquisite California dolphins and California whales, as well as other beautiful sea creatures. Southern California has more dolphin and blue whales than anywhere else in the world. Enjoy dolphin and whale watching aboard the most unique high-speed Catamaran Sailboat with underwater viewing. Feel what it’s like to swim with dolphins without getting wet!
Departs from Dana Point Harbor Daily, and takes you on a 2 and 1/2 hour ocean adventure. Captain Dave Anderson is an experienced marine naturalist who has been leading dolphin trips and whale watching from Dana Point since 1995.
The boat is safe, extremely stable and designed especially for you to get up close and personal with the awesome dolphins and whales of Dana Point. You can be close enough to smell their breath!
Just a few reasons why Captain Dave’s tours are so different:
- Sail aboard the world’s only Underwater Viewing POD
- Capt Dave is THE Dolphin & Whale expert! Producer of the award-winning documentary, “‘Wild Dolphins & Whales of Southern California”, weekly columnist and frequent speaker. He’s also a really great guy!
- Their specially designed Catamarans will get you UP CLOSE!
- You can stay dry in a protected & comfortable cockpit area or venture out on the special ‘Tram Net’ for a really close encounter!
- You’ll see what the dolphins and whales are doing below the surface with their ‘Dolphin & Whale Cam’.
- You’ll hear the unique languages of the dolphins and whales with a research-quality hydrophone.
- Listen to your guide play songs and talk to the animals while you observe what they respond to!
- On the way home, you’ll learn all about the aniamls. They have a collection of items from around the world, including whale baleen and teeth, vertabrae, fossils, shark jaw and teeth and scale models of all the animals you will see. You can touch these items and learn first-hand how these animals eat, sleep and live.
- And last, but not least, Mrs. Capt. Dave’s famous triple fudge brownies on the ride back to the harbor! Yum!
2 and 1/2 hours per excursion
$59 per person for adults.
$39 (ages 3 to 12 )
1 and under – no charge
Departures Daily. Please call for specific dates and times.